Crawley is an exciting place to work, with a vibrant town centre and excellent transport connections. We recently moved into a brand-new Town Hall so it is a great time to join us as we settle into our new state of the art offices with excellently designed spaces that facilitate collaborative working.
We are a stock retained authority with over 8,400 homes plus sheltered and hostel accommodation under our management, the stock is managed by the Crawley Homes division of the Council. We are passionate about the services we deliver and our commitment to building safety.
Crawley Homes is one of the leading social housing providers in the region who have already made significant progress in the application of the Golden Thread of Digital Information for our major projects and implementing the requirements of the building Safety Act 2022.
We are looking to recruit to this role of Compliance Surveyor to assist us with the delivery of our building safety and compliance projects to ensure the Council meets all requirements of applicable health and safety legislation. It is therefore an exciting time to join us to ensure you are part of this important agenda.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has the knowledge and ability to develop and implement the Crawley Homes Health and Safety policies.
- Is able to work with partners to achieve our commitments.
- Can plan and maintain our compliancy programmes.
- Has knowledge and understanding of various compliance legislation, including electrical, gas, fire, legionella, asbestos and health and safety
- Has experience and ability to work and consult with residents on compliance matters.
You need to be highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a very busy dynamic multi-skilled team, having the technical and professional skills to deliver the work as set out in the job description. It would be an advantage, although not essential, if you have worked within a social housing maintenance/project management environment with a strong background in working on compliance projects.
We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible, as we may close this advert before the stated closing date if enough applications are received.
- Working hours 37 hours per week, flexible working location (i.e.: home/office 2 days per week).
- A full current UK driving licence will be a requirement of the role.
- Casual car user (currently under review).
- May be required to work at a contractor’s premises.
- Satisfactory clearance of a basic disclosure and barring check (DBS) will be a condition of employment.
We offer a generous employee benefits package, with a range of discounts, benefits and wellbeing incentives to suit everyone.
Our way of working
Our shared values and behaviours reflect the special nature of our council. We encourage all colleagues to put them into practice, whatever job they do. Take a look to see if we are the perfect match.
Crawley Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
How to apply
Click the Apply button to complete your application online.
Please ensure that the reference details you supply are for your current or most recent employer and that any gaps in employment are covered on your application form.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a fully completed application form.