Associate Building Physics Engineer - To £65K - Enjoy a nine-day fortnight whilst you help save the planet.
Enjoy a nine-day fortnight whilst you contribute to reducing carbon emissions and shaping the future of sustainable construction, in the UK.
As a Building Physics Associate, you will contribute to the decarbonisation of the built environment in the UK, utilising Passivhaus principles on large-scale commercial projects.
You'll play an integral part in the transformation of the built environment, positively impacting climate change, and leaving a legacy for future generations.
You'll apply innovative design strategies, energy-efficient technologies, and leading construction practices to create environmentally friendly buildings that are commercially viable.
Having grown to 15 employees in a little over 12 months; it's clear that this consultancy has become an established player in the Southwest. You'll benefit from working for a company that values their staff and ultimately are able to position themselves as a strong and more competitive player in the industry.
As a creative and inquisitive individual who is interested in the circular economy, you'll be a firm believer in the benefit of Passivhaus and be used to educating architects on these benefits.
As a key member of the Sustainability Team, you will collaborate with like-minded professionals, including architects, engineers, and sustainability experts, who share a common goal of creating sustainable, low-carbon buildings.
You will work on diverse projects and oversee the Building Physics (Ie DTM and DfP etc) production on schools, universities, commercial offices, museums, laboratories, and large-scale residential developments.
With a hybrid working policy of two days a week from their office in Oxford office and a nine-day fortnight, you'll also be able to start enjoying a better work life balance again.
If you are passionate about sustainability, energy efficiency, and shaping a greener future this role will enable you to be at the forefront of decarbonising the built environment in the UK.
- 9-day fortnight
- Clear progression to Director, and access to equity in the future.
- 25 days leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Matched pension up to 5%
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible start and finish times
- Previous experience using evidence backed, modelling software (such as PHPP / IESVe etc) to design low or zero carbon buildings.
- Degree qualified in a relevant Architectural, Environmental, Physics or Building Services field.
- Familiar with Net Zero Carbon strategies and roadmaps.
- Good overall knowledge of materials, energy performance, thermal comfort, overheating, daylighting, indoor air quality and Part L 2021.
- Awareness of BREEAM / WELL / Nabers / LEED
- Understanding of building materials, and One Click LCA.