Your new company
An award-winning Building Services Consultancy with multiple offices throughout the UK are expanding and currently recruiting an Electrical Engineer to join their Belfast office. Operating across a wide range of sectors including Commercial, Retail, Healthcare, Leisure and Education, they are recognised as one the leading consultants who invest in their staff and retain some of the best engineers in the industry.
Your new role
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to electrical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of electrical installations within major building projects
- Design electrical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules
- Design electrical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards
- Design electrical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements
- Able to work as part of a team to meet project brief and programme requirements on electrical design
- Support senior members of staff in managing client and design team relationships
- Demonstrate a wide knowledge and relevant project experience of electrical systems across a range of sectors
- Commit to supporting strategic sustainability policies and internal environmental programme objectives
What you'll need to succeed
Applicants will already be working at a similar level and ideally have the desire to progress their career to a management position. Candidates will preferably be degree or HND qualified in Electrical Engineering/Building Services discipline and have attained or be working towards their relevant grade of professional membership (IEng/CEng). Candidates should be able to demonstrate relevant skills and experience within a similar role.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to progress their career to a management position. Working for a national practice they offer a vast variety of career options and the chance to be involved in projects of all types and sizes across a diverse range of sectors. A competitive remuneration package together with a fantastic benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Flexible hybrid working available
- EV car via salary sacrifice scheme (dependent upon 2 years' service)
- Sick Pay (increases with length of service)
- Workplace Pension
- 35 hour working week
- Maternity/Paternity Pay
- Buy/Sell Holidays
- Membership fees for two professional bodies
- Long service payment awards
- Life Assurance
- Gym Membership
- Employee Volunteering Day
- Private Medical/Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.