My client is an expanding international multidisciplinary consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients into the rail sector.
Through their market leading technical expertise, they enable the world's digital infrastructure and develop the built environment whilst also helping clients realise ambitious plans for zero carbon-built environments. They cover the entire life cycle of any building project, with their broad capability offering saving their clients time, money, and effort.
They add value with their people, client service ethos, global delivery strategy, technical ability, and attitude.
They are now seeking experienced an Electrical Technical Director to be based in their North Hampshire office.
- Takes Team Management and leadership role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services. Assists the two Directors with Business strategy and management.
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of project fee proposals
- Working closely with clients and project team to establish project requirements
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Fiscal and commercial management of projects to ensure they return the target margin
- Leadership and hands on delivery of monitoring of construction and installation on projects
- Liaising with existing clients to establish long term relationships and future upcoming projects
- Liaising with future client prospects and general business development.
- Mentoring and development of younger members of the engineering team
- Production of technical white papers to promote the technical capabilities of Red
- Hands on involvement in the sector management team in conjunction with other members of the team
- Surveys and due diligence reports of existing data centres
- Presenting technical papers at industry events where the opportunity arises
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
- BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline/BEng General Building Services or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HND/HNC + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Eng status (preferred but not essential)
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types within the rail sector
- Sound knowledge & working application of key rail health and safety issues and legislation