Do you have experience working on high value MEP projects?
Are you excited by the thought of joining a diverse team of mechanical and electrical engineers, enhancing your reputation working on bigger, better, multi-million pound projects across the UK, with a company that will support and accelerate your career?
If the answer is "Yes", come and work with us to build the next Olympic Park, eye-catching HS2 station or nuclear power plant.
Crown House technologies, the specialist MEP delivery unit of Laing O'Rourke, have an exciting opening for an experienced mechanical project engineer with previous major MEP experience (value of £15m - £100m+) to join our recently awarded scheme in Oxford.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Previous project delivery experience of fast track data centres; major hospitals; prisons; science; stadia; and high rise commercial & residential.
- The ability to select & manage innovative methods, use of materials & safe systems of work.
- Effective communication with senior management, designers, consultants, clients/Architects and project team on technical matters.
- Practical application of engineering principles and calculations.
- First degree in Engineering Discipline (Mechanical), other construction or design related degree, or an industry recognised technical or engineering qualification (NVQ level 4) plus demonstrable experience in a design and construction delivery environment.
- Establish and oversee local implementation of engineering systems, documentation / controls to comply with H&S legislation, & Company standards
Crown House Technologies (Cht) is one of the UK's most advanced, and innovative, engineering and business services specialists. Part of the Laing O'Rourke Group, and founded on more than 200 years of experience, we are a leading construction and infrastructure technology services provider, supplying a complete Building Services package with communications, ICT, intelligent building, monitoring, BMS and the UK's largest mechanical, electrical & public health manufacturing facility - a 129,000 sq. ft factory - offering Off-site manufacturing and assembly for our digitally engineered modular MEICA packages.
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
Laing O'Rourke are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it. Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the 'Offer an interview scheme'. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please get in touch.