Your new company
An established building services design consultancy based in Belfast who specialise in Mechanical, Electrical and Environmental engineering are recruiting a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team. A multidisciplinary team with expertise across sustainable design, MEP, BIM & 3D modelling providing consulting services throughout the UK and Ireland.
Your new role
Whilst the role will be extremely varied, typical responsibilities will include:
- You will be involved with developing engineering solutions from concept through to implementation stage.
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to mechanical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of mechanical installations within major building projects.
- Design mechanical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules.
- Design mechanical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards.
- Design mechanical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements.
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of the team.
What you'll need to succeed
- Masters or Degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering
- 4 years post-qualification experience, most of which will be in design gained within a consultancy environment
- Experience of mechanical design in a range of projects
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations
- Experience in using Revit and IES would be desirable
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join a local leading consultancy with a superb reputation in the construction industry across the UK. The office location is conveniently located to all main arterial routes in and out of Belfast and has on site car parking. All posts come with flexible working hours, 31 days holidays and pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.