Your new company
The team are a high-performing technical team that have a long track history of delivering services within the public sector. They take pride in team efforts with the delivery and contracts. The team oversee both the domestic and commercial stock for the borough and act as technical support for the council's property teams.
Your new role
I am seeking a dedicated and experienced Local Authority Client-Side Mechanical Engineer to join the team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing gas-related systems and infrastructure within the local authority. Your expertise in gas engineering will be crucial in ensuring compliance with regulations, optimising efficiency, and providing technical guidance. This position does not involve hands-on work with tools but does require someone with a full understanding of the field.
1. Gas Infrastructure Management: Take ownership of gas-related systems, including pipelines, distribution networks, and associated equipment, ensuring their efficient operation.
2. Compliance and Regulatory Oversight: Stay updated with gas safety regulations, standards, and legal requirements, ensuring strict adherence across gas infrastructure.
3. Technical Expertise: Utilise your extensive knowledge of gas systems to provide expert advice, guidance, and support to internal stakeholders and external contractors.
4. Performance Monitoring and Optimisation: Implement strategies to monitor, analyse, and optimise the performance and efficiency of gas systems.
5. Project Coordination: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and external contractors to oversee gas-related projects, ensuring successful execution and completion.
6. Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Conduct thorough risk assessments related to gas infrastructure and develop appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
7. Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with internal and external stakeholders, including residents, contractors, and regulatory bodies, addressing concerns and ensuring compliance.
8. Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of gas infrastructure, inspections, maintenance activities, and prepare comprehensive reports for management and regulatory purposes.
What you'll need to succeed
1. Qualifications: Hold a relevant engineering degree or equivalent qualification in mechanical engineering or a related field.
2. Experience: Possess substantial experience working with gas systems, preferably in a local authority or similar environment, with a focus on compliance and infrastructure management.
3. Gas Safety Knowledge: Have a strong understanding of gas safety regulations, standards, and compliance requirements, including Gas Safe procedures.
4. Technical Expertise: Demonstrate a deep understanding of gas systems, infrastructure, and equipment, with an emphasis on monitoring, optimisation, and risk assessment.
5. Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with stakeholders, prepare reports, and convey complex technical information.
6. Project Management: Proficient in managing gas-related projects, coordinating teams, and ensuring successful outcomes within specified timelines and budgets.
7. Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to assess gas system performance, identify inefficiencies, and propose solutions for optimisation.
8. Stakeholder Engagement: Proven ability to engage and build relationships with diverse stakeholders, ensuring effective communication and collaboration.
9. Flexibility: Adaptability to changing priorities, evolving regulations, and occasional travel within the local authority's jurisdiction, as needed.
What you'll get in return
We offer a competitive salary ranging from £44,538 to £46,549, depending on experience, along with further training opportunities to support your professional growth. Additionally, you will receive a comprehensive local authority package, including healthcare benefits, pension schemes, and generous leave entitlements.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.