Technical Assurance Authorising Engineer
Package: Competitive D.O.E Plus Package
Job Type: Permanent
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Authorising Engineer to join our team in the West Midlands working 40 hours per week Monday - Friday 08:00am - 17:00pm.
- Work collaboratively with all WSA functional team members to form sustainable relationships designed to establish a cohesive long-term improvement program for technical and operational safety.
- Engagement as part of action groups and forums as instructed by the SAE, working closely with SMEs within each business unit to maximise business intelligence to support strategic thinking for the technical and safety model for EMCOR UK.
- To provide support to ensure the effective delivery of EMCOR UK’s 'Significant Risk' Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) activities across EMCOR UK accounts.
- To provide the respective Technical Subject Matter Expert support, with responsibility for the development, delivery, control and auditing of ‘Significant Risk’ Safe Systems of Work across EMCOR UK accounts.
- To provide a risk-based delivery of technical audits and subsequent communication of identified corrective actions and, where required, support to account teams to rectify corrective actions and/or the escalation of technical risk to EMCOR UK leadership teams.
- To provide support to analyse EMCOR UK’s existing technical compliance and assurance related activities with the aim to identify opportunities across the People, Policy and Process pillars.
- To provide technical and engineering support, along with individual coaching, mentoring and competency assessment of Controlling Managers, Authorised Persons and Competent Persons (as appropriate).
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing professional technical assurance support to the WSA, via the Senior Authorising Engineer (SAE) and Technical and Safety Assurance Director (TSAD) against the People, Policy and Process pillars, including:
- Support the development and management of the EMCOR UK Technical and safety Competency Management System (CMS), including the identification, assessment and periodic monitoring of Authorised Persons.
- Support the delivery of EMCOR UK’s audit and assurance plan through the completion of professional technical compliance audits and reporting.
- Provision of AP support to mitigate priority resilience risk, as required.
- Support the development of discipline specific consultancy activity and provide specific support to the EMCOR UK Business Development community, as required.
- Support and collaborate with other colleagues to enhance the wider EMCOR UK technical service offerings, including the supplier on-boarding progress (via procurement).
- To provide support to ensure that EMCOR UK’s “Significant Risk” Safe Systems of Work continue to remain “fit for purpose,” and meet with the respective technical, safety and legislative standards, through regular reviews with the WSA Quality Management and Technical and Safety Assurance teams.
- To provide support to create, develop, deliver and refine technical and safety assurance files, logbooks, policy and training documents and other Integrated Management System (IMS) documentation (as required).
- Support the development and delivery of the WSA communication plans (forums, flyers, toolbox talks, LFE, updates etc).
- Support the development of new publications through “industry best practice” guidance provided by industry leading organisations such as IET, CIBSE, REFCOM, GASSAFE BESA, SFG20 and BSRIA.
- Support the SAE (via TASD) to deliver the Enterprise level Technical and Safety Competence Management System (CMS) through measurement, gap analysis and assessment of technical and safety knowledge, skills and experience (KSE).
- Support the Technical and Safety Assurance Manager to ensure Technical Assurance Group database, registers and trackers are updated in order to report progress during weekly/monthly reviews.
- Support the SAE and Technical and Safety Assurance Manager to ensure new technical documentation, including Compliance Bulletins, Directives and Alerts are properly drafted, peer reviewed, approved and published.
- Provide horizon scanning activities through active participation in industry body webinars and other communications.
- Provide technical support for technical and safety incidents, as required.
- Provide technical assurance related support to the EMCOR UK Technical Assurance Mobilisation and Transition Business Partner for activities, working alongside other EMCOR UK Business Partners to ensure appropriate discovery and assessment activity is undertaken, and risks and priorities identified and communicated.
- Minimum HND-Level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline, a similar technical field or equivalent technical/engineering experience.
- Hold IEng professional status with a desire to work towards CEng status (IET, IMECHE, CIBSE etc).
- Demonstratable AP/AE experience and qualifications with a minimum of at least 5 years relevant operation and maintenance experience.
- HTM, MOD and Pharma experience desirable.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of aspects of safety and risk management, including current safety issues, legislation, management and ISO standards.
- Working knowledge of quality management systems with a high degree of procedural, technical and HSE compliance.
- Ability to interpret and provide authoritative advice on technical management issues.
- Experience of informing businesses in good practice technical management.
- Excellent writing, editing, analytical and organisational skills.
- IT Literate including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Smartsheets and Visio.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Possess the energy and infectious enthusiasm to get things done and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to shape and influence, ability to analyse complex data and deliver evidence-based recommendations through a high level of written technical standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and on paper, able to present argument and arrive at evidence-based decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to pay close attention to detail on many varied tasks. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- 25 Days annual
- Company pension
- Private Health care after 6 months service
- Family friendly benefits
- Discount on gym memberships
- Discount on retail & restaurants
- Buy holiday