Your new company
A National Mechanical and Electrical Contractor based in Northern Ireland with a reputation for quality delivering projects for a wide client base both locally and throughout the UK. Established over 50 years, this company is recruiting for an Electrical Design Manager to oversee prestigious projects throughout the UK.
Your new role
As a Design Manager, you will play a critical role within this multidisciplinary and versatile team ensuring that MEP systems are designed, installed and maintained whilst supporting the overall success of construction projects. You will have a desire to challenge existing design norms, working closely with clients and partners to drive energy efficient and sustainable design for highly technical schemes within Education, Healthcare, Commercial and Residential sectors.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 3rd Level Education in Electrical Engineering HNC/HND or NVQ4 Electrical Installation/Technician
- Experience working as an Electrical Design Engineer within the Building Services industry
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Previous responsibility of overseeing and/or project managing a team.
- Understanding of Electrical Design development, coordination and planning
- Knowledge of Compliance, Codes and Regulations requirements
- Familiar with 3D Modelling to review and BIM requirements.
- Understanding of commercial aspects of engineering solutions and budget management Membership of IET / IHEEM / CIBSE (or similar) preferred but not essential.
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent role with a reputable contractor who understands that their employees are fundamental to their success and they prize themselves on offering training, development and a work culture where people are happy and thrive. A highly competitive salary will be offered based on experience along with company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.