Your new company
An award-winning Building Services Consultancy with multiple offices throughout the UK is expanding and currently recruiting a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their Belfast office. Operating across a wide range of sectors including Commercial, Retail, Healthcare, Leisure and Education, they are recognised as one the leading consultants who invest in their staff and retain some of the best engineers in the industry.
Your new role
- You will be involved with developing engineering solutions from concept through to implementation stage.
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to mechanical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of mechanical installations within major building projects.
- Design mechanical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules.
- Design mechanical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards.
- Design mechanical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements.
- Work as part of a team to meet project brief and programme requirements.
- Lead an M&E Team in the coordination and delivery of individual projects, including attendance at meetings, internal programming, project reviews etc.
- Manage client and design team relationships. Understand client needs and interpret and confirm the project brief.
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the engineering team within the office.
What you'll need to succeed
Applicants will already be working at a similar level and ideally have the desire to progress their career to a management position. Candidates will preferably be degree or HND qualified in a related mechanical or building services discipline and have attained or willing to work towards chartership with IMechE/CIBSE. Experience working on healthcare, education and commercial projects is desirable.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to progress their career to a management position. Working for a national practice they offer a vast variety of career options and the chance to be involved in projects of all types and sizes across a diverse range of sectors. A competitive remuneration package together with a fantastic benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Flexible hybrid working available
- EV car via salary sacrifice scheme (dependent upon 2 years' service)
- Sick Pay (increases with length of service)
- Workplace Pension
- 35 hour working week
- Maternity/Paternity Pay
- Buy/Sell Holidays
- Membership fees for two professional bodies
- Long service payment awards
- Life Assurance
- Gym Membership
- Employee Volunteering Day
- Private Medical/Dental Insurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.