Your new company
Is an award-winning building services consultancy which provides mechanical, electrical and public health design solutions with a particular focus on sustainability. This practice boasts a comprehensive project portfolio of landmark projects including high end residential, commercial, education and public sector clients. Due to some key project wins they are now looking to expand the team by bringing through Junior Engineers to work closely with Senior Engineers on projects with a view to promote internally in the future.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Mechanical Building Services Engineers to be a key part of the London team. Whilst the role will be extremely varied, typical responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring an understanding of project briefs.
- Design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services systems - heating, cooling, ventilation, controls, etc.
- Carry out the production of detailed calculations using industry standard software tools including Excel, IES, Hevacomp, in-house developed tools, etc.
- Preparing technical specifications using NBS.
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
- Report and technical note writing.
- Maintaining complete records and archives to company standards.
- Adherence to all quality, environmental & governance processes.
- Managing own workload, updating forward plan of workload regularly and working to time allocations
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a strong technical core competence and interest in project delivery. In addition, you will have an understanding of the principles of building services and other related building design disciplines.
You must also be-
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering/Building Services.
- Proven experience (2+ years) in electrical engineering design within the building services industry.
- Willingness to contribute to business development activities alongside Senior Engineers.
- Experience working within a design team
- Experience and awareness of major digital engineering tools, such as CAD/Revit, and Amtech. You will also ideally have experience of delivering projects in a BIM environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to get Chartered
What you'll get in return
They offer a competitive salary and comprehensive range of benefits based on experience and level. These include:
- c £32k - £42k+ per annum (dependent on experience etc.)
- Discretionary bonuses
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Professional memberships paid for
- Flexible/ Hybrid working
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.