Your new company
This Southwest Local Authority is unique as, unlike most other London Boroughs, this team is apart from a design arm which is a fee-earning team and operate much like a consultancy. One of the team's biggest clients is the council itself however, they get a lot of work from various private organisations.
Your new role
I am working with a reputable Southwest London Local Authority seeking a dedicated and experienced Mechanical Engineer to join their dynamic team. As a Client Side Project Engineer, you will play a crucial role in overseeing and managing a variety of projects from start to finish, ensuring they meet our high standards of quality and efficiency. If you are a driven and qualified Mechanical Engineer looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a real impact on a respected local authority, we encourage you to apply. Join their team and contribute to the development of the community. Apply today to be part of this exciting journey.
- Take charge of projects from inception to completion, with a focus on design creation or review.
- Manage the entire tender process, from preparation to contractor selection.
- Supervise and guide contractors through project execution until successful completion and handover.
What you'll need to succeed
You would have a track history of working as a Mechanical Project Engineer within the public sector or alongside public sector organisations with experience of delivering designs and/or review of designs. As a project engineer, you will need experience of overseeing and managing contractors.
- A background in mechanical engineering within or alongside the public sector is essential.
- Hold a recognised mechanical engineering qualification or building services qualification
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary of up to £50,000 per annum.
- Full London Local Authority benefits package, including a generous holiday allowance. Employer pension contribution.
- 1 day a week from the office (on site for business needs)
- Working 7.2 hours a day; 36 hours a week
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.