Are you an experienced mechanical engineer looking to work on bigger, better projects?
Crown House technologies are the specialist MEP delivery unit of Laing O'Rourke - so for an ambitious mechanical engineer that means one thing - the outstanding opportunity to develop your skills and expertise on some of the UK's most iconic and innovative projects.
This is a great opportunity for a mechanical engineer to join our highly experienced team delivering one of our biggest projects to date, Hinkley Point C, the nuclear power station currently underway in Bridgwater, Somerset. As a mechanical engineer you'll be working closely with both sub-contractors and consultants to respond to queries, resolve issues and coordinate both designs and installation. Practical understanding and experience of MEP installation and the ability to follow quality processes and undertake quality inspections and reports is key.
In return for your knowledge and experience we can offer you an exciting and varied career with access to some truly great projects. We are committed to extensive training, development, and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking long-term career opportunities.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Previous project delivery experience of major projects; ideally nuclear or highly regulated environments (MEP value of £15m - 100m+).
- The ability to select & manage innovative methods, use of materials & safe systems of work.
- Effective communication with senior management, designers, consultants, clients/Architects and project team on technical matters.
- Practical application of engineering principles and calculation.
- Establish and oversee local implementation of engineering systems, documentation / controls to comply with H&S legislation, & Company standards
- First degree in Engineering Discipline (Mechanical), other construction or design related degree, or an industry recognised technical or engineering qualification (NVQ level 4+)
Don't match all the criteria? We are always open and happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
CHT is one of the UK's most advanced, and innovative, engineering and business services specialists. Part of the Laing O'Rourke Group, and founded on more than 200 years of experience, we are a leading construction and infrastructure technology services provider, supplying a complete Building Services package with communications, ICT, intelligent building, monitoring, BMS and the UK's largest mechanical, electrical & public health manufacturing facility - a 129,000 sq. ft factory - offering Off-site manufacturing and assembly for our digitally engineered modular MEICA packages.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the 'Offer an interview scheme'. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please get in touch.