Your new company
A well established and successful M&E Contractor based in Newtownabbey, who has recently been awarded a number of new projects over recent months is now seeking a Junior Mechanical Contracts Manager to join their team. This company has a strong reputation for delivering quality M&E Design and Build projects throughout NI and UK wide.
Your new role
As a Junior Contracts Manager within the Projects Division, you will be expected to promote best practice. The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing, monitoring and successfully delivering Mechanical Contracts for clients within a range of sectors including Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Leisure and Large-Scale Residential
- As a manager, you will have the responsibility of ensuring all works are carried out to a high standard, ensuring all RAMS and site safety plans are project specific and adhered to.
- Assisting with the procurement and ordering of key materials and appointments of subcontract supply chain, ensuring specifications and drawing requirements are being complied with and are commercially viable.
- Have good working relationships with clients and ensure that all works are programmed and completed in a professional controlled manner. Providing technical support to customers and team.
- Attending regular main contractor design, technical and progress meetings & assist the contracts manager in closing out the associated action points.
- Assisting the contracts manager in managing the in-house and subcontract labour resources, ensuring quality of work and compliance with all legal and statutory requirements. Ensuring all engineers are up-to-date with all current regulations and training.
- Accurately monitoring and costing contract change instructions/variations.
- Issuing interim valuation claims accurately in line with works completed on site.
- Problem Solving: You will be expected to be able to cope with unforeseen M&E technical problems with confidence and ease
This role will require regular travel to mainland UK (typically 1-2 nights per week) or, as projects dictate.
What you'll need to succeed
- Time served Plumbing/Heating Engineer with commercial and industrial experience and/or Building Services Engineering Degree with aspirations to become a Mechanical Contracts Manager.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills to create meaningful reciprocal relationships with both colleagues and clients
- Commercially aware of costs and trends in the marketplace.
- Good knowledge of safety, health, environment and quality systems
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent role where you will get exposure to working on multi-million pound projects including:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Working away allowance
- All flights & accommodation covered by the company
- Health cash plan including compensation for dentistry and optical well-being
- Team building and activity days
- Monthly employee value-based recognition award - monetary gift
- Health, well-being and social calendar of events
- Long service awards
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity
- Increased holidays with length of service
This is a strong career move for someone who is looking to fast track their career in Contract Management. You will join a highly successful M&E Contractor, which offers the opportunity to work on high-profile and complex engineering projects in the UK and Ireland.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.