Electrical Building Services Design Engineer - London
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Building Services Design Engineer to join a medium-sized consultancy in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical design and installation of electrical services, from lighting systems to wiring networks in commercial and residential properties. You new company also has a number of heritage projects and have a full order book for the next 8-12 months.
- Design, fit and maintain the heating, lighting and power systems in offices, hospitals and shopping centres and heritage sites.
- Oversee and supervise the installation of building systems and specify maintenance and operating procedures.
- Work with detailed diagrams, plans and drawings.
- Use specialist computer-aided design (CAD) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project.
- Use and develop Building Information Modelling (BIM) to ensure systems are coordinated in a complex construction or refurbishment project.
- Manage and forecast spend, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is carried out within budget.
- Monitor building systems and processes.
- Make decisions about expired systems equipment and the appropriate location of new equipment.
- Liaise closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors and in-house project teams.
- A degree or relevant qualification in Building Services Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in detailed design of electrical services.
- Proficiency in CAD software.
- Knowledge of BIM.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Competitive salary based on experience (Circa £35k - £45k per annum)
-28 days holiday + bank holidays
-5% pension contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.