Your new company
It is an award-winning building services consultancy with a national presence of around 100 team members, which provides mechanical, electrical and public health design solutions with a particular expertise in life sciences projects. They have a comprehensive project portfolio of bespoke technically challenging projects mainly within the life sciences, healthcare and commercial sectors. Due to some key project wins, they are now looking to expand the team, which is quite mechanically biassed at the moment.
Your new role
Your new role will be as ane experienced Electrical Design Engineer in the London team. Whilst the role will be extremely varied, typical responsibilities will include:
- Maintain, enhance and apply both design and technical knowledge, ensuring production of high-quality drawings.
- Electrical design of lighting, LV supply and small power distribution, earthing and lightning protection, fire and voice alarm systems, telecommunication services, low current and extra low voltage services, automatic controls, BMS as well as other related electrical utility systems as assigned.
- Preparation of electrical design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents. Participate in the design progress and coordination meetings.
- Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA work stages.
- Attend tender / client interviews.
- Attend site inspection meetings.
- Liaise with clients, professional organisations, contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors and other designers.
- Quality assurance
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a strong core technical competence and interest in project delivery. In addition, you will have an understanding of the principles of building services and other related building design disciplines.
You must also be-
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering/Building Services.
- Proven experience (6+ years) in electrical engineering design within the building services industry.
- Willingness to contribute to business development activities.
- Experience working within a design team and willingness to mentor junior staff.
- Experience and awareness of major digital engineering tools, such as CAD/Revit, and Amtech. You will also ideally have experience of delivering projects in a BIM environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Chartership or willingness to get Chartered.
- British citizenship (company cannot sponsor at any point in employment)
What you'll get in return
They offer a competitive salary and comprehensive range of benefits based on experience and level. These include:
- c £55k - £65k+ per annum (dependent on experience etc.)
- Discretionary bonuses
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension contribution 7%
- Professional memberships paid for
- Flexible/ Hybrid working (3/2 split)
- Private healthcare + extended to family
- Income insurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.