Your new company
Our client is a multidisciplinary building services engineering practice that provides a strategic and innovative approach to delivering engineering and management consultancy services for its clients. Due to significant growth, this practice is seeking an Associate Mechanical Engineer to join their team based in Belfast. Delivering large scale residential/mixed use and industrial projects services throughout the UK&I, their raft of engineering and management consultancy services are in demand with some of the world's biggest brands.
Your new role
This is a critical project and technical leadership role which will see you managing a small team of engineers and technicians and driving outstanding commercial engineering and sustainability outcomes on a range of high value projects.
- Preparing fee bids and presentations for new work.
- Communicating directly with customers, project teams and outsourced delivery teams.
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers.
- Lead the mechanical discipline on projects or as project leader, taking ownership for project deliverables.
- Managing the day-to-day workload of engineers and technicians.
- Prepare technical calculations, reports, designs, drawings and specifications.
- Monitor the financial performance of projects as well as setting up and managing administrative systems, project resource planning, expenditure and WIP management.
- Undertake project technical/quality reviews and attend design reviews/team meetings as needed for the smooth operation of the project(s).
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a strong technical core competence and background in project delivery. In addition, you will have a broad understanding of the principles of building services and other related building design disciplines.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical/Building Services.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in mechanical engineering design within the building services industry.
- Experience leading and developing engineers.
- Comfortable in a client-facing role and willing to contribute to business development activities.
- Experience leading teams on large-scale and often complex projects.
- Experience in the delivery of all phases of a project from inception to completion, but specifically design and quality control focused and dealing directly with the customer and project teams.
- Experience and awareness of major digital engineering tools, such as CAD/Revit, and experience of delivering projects in a BIM environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ideally Chartered or willing to work towards
What you'll get in return
An exciting and challenging position that will reward your expertise with an attractive salary and benefits package including a generous lump sum financial reward after probationary period.
The flexibility of hybrid working arrangements allows you to achieve a healthy work-life balance. You will work in a collaborative and innovative environment, continuously develop professionally, and contribute to the consultancy's reputation and success. This senior-level position provides leadership and mentorship opportunities, allowing you to make a significant impact on the consultancy and the industry as a whole.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.