Your new company
An award-winning Belfast based consultancy who provide sustainable, multidisciplined design services in the Commercial, Education, Residential, Tourism & Leisure, Industrial and Healthcare sectors. For over 20 years, this practice has been designing innovative and practical sustainable engineering solutions of the highest quality and standard to create outstanding buildings for their clients in Northern Ireland and throughout the UK.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Associate Director to be a key part of the Building Services Engineering team based in Belfast. The role will provide a client facing lead for the Business and ensure the highest technical standards, client service and levels of quality. Line management of the MEP Team is a key function of the role, ensuring that team leaders are empowered and accountable for the performance of their team and the discipline, whilst at the same time encouraged to be bold in exploring new areas of technical capability and previously untested clients and sectors.
- Be accountable for technical performance, quality and budget control on all projects within the team and have a hands-on approach to resolving technical issues in design elements for both small and major projects.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and resource allocation.
- Managing client relationships and contributing to business development
- Ensuring technical quality through implementation of best practice and continuous improvement processes
- Providing technical leadership on bids and opportunities.
What you'll need to succeed
- Preferably BEng (Hons) degree in Building Services Engineering/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer
- 10 years' minimum experience plus relevant qualification
- Excellent leadership skills and client focused
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate your passion for engineering and contribute to the strategic direction of the business. The successful candidate will be offered an excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience.
- Paid training and career development
- Flexible working environment - you can work the hours that suit your lifestyle, work from home 2 days a week and finish from 1pm on a Friday
- Healthcare benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Competitive employer pension scheme
- Sports, social and wellbeing committee that organise fully funded events in and outside of work
- Employee wellbeing scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.