Your new company
An award winning Belfast based consultancy who provide sustainable, multidisciplined design services in the Commercial, Education, Residential, Tourism & Leisure, Industrial and Healthcare sectors. For over 20 years, this practice has been designing innovative and practical sustainable engineering solutions of the highest quality and standard to create outstanding buildings for their clients in Northern Ireland and throughout the UK.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sustainability Associate to be a key part of the Building Services Engineering team based in Belfast.
- To provide discipline leadership
- To fulfil the practice's overall objective of producing first class engineering on time and on budget
- Taking responsibility for all technical aspects of building physics work performed by the design hub from the inception stage through to final completion of projects and client handover, including work subcontracted to specialist consultants.
- You will represent the client at design team meetings and client meetings on building physics technical related matters.
- Cost management and monitoring procedures in relation to BPE activities, produce realistic targets / fees and regularly reporting against these targets to the design / project teams.
- Adhering to the building physics procedures and standards, processes and policies throughout the company.
- Being conversant with current legislation regarding Building Regulations part L, BREEAM and other Environmental issues relating to technical activities. Have a detailed understanding of how electrical and mechanical systems impact on building energy performance and keep design and project teams updated in terms of any changes to this regulation affecting M&E designs.
- Leading the design team in undertaking building physics analysis from feasibility to completion, including the creation and updating of reports to internal and external design teams.
- Carry out validation reviews of in house and external building physics models and reports on any risks and opportunities.
- Being fully conversant with the building physics software packages used throughout the Company, including thermal analysis, bulk airflow analysis, Building Regulations compliance (all levels) and solar analysis. Have the ability to analyse results and understand and challenge the model input parameters.
- Carrying out site validation visits to confirm that the installation meets the intent of the thermal model, producing EPC certificates on completion.
- Mentoring others in their career progression.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be professionally registered I.Eng and also be LCEA (level 3,4 & 5). You will also hold a BEng qualification or equivalent.
- 5 years previous experience in a Building Physics role within Building Services.
- Previous experience using IES Software.
- Self-organised and motivated
- Developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure
- Legally able to work in the UK and Ireland
- BREEAM qualified or having working familiarity with environmental assessment methods
- Familiarity with CIBSE design standards.
- Ability to use some of the following software applications: IES, Microsoft & Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite
- Obtained chartered status or be willing to work towards this.
What you'll get in return
If you are a passionate and experienced sustainability engineer who is looking for a new challenge, this is the role for you. You will join a leading consultancy that specialises in sustainability and building services engineering, and work on exciting and diverse projects that make a positive impact on the environment and society. You will be rewarded with a generous salary, benefits and incentives, as well as a work culture that values your contribution and supports your development. This is a rare and rewarding opportunity to join an award winning established consultancy, don't hesitate to apply today.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.