Your new company
A Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) contractor based in Belfast, who specialise in delivering complex projects across the UK and Ireland. They are currently expanding their team to meet the needs of their projects and are seeking a Mechanical Contracts Manager to manage the mechanical installations on fit-out and modular build projects.
Your new role
As a Mechanical Contracts Manager, you will be expected to promote best practice. The main duties and responsibilities include:
- To manage, monitor and successfully deliver mechanical contracts for customers.
- As a manager, you will have the responsibility of ensuring all works are carried out to a high standard, ensuring all RAMS and site safety plans are project specific and adhered to.
- You will develop good working relationships with clients and ensure that all works are programmed and completed in a professional controlled manner.
- Manage the in-house labour ensuring quality of work, and compliance with all legal and statutory requirements.
- Prepare quotes/variations for projects when required.
- Completing take-offs from drawings for all materials, ensuring the buying process is adhered to.
- Resolving any unforeseen M&E technical problems with confidence and ease.
- You will monitor all project costs and ensure that invoicing/payment applications are carried out accurately and on time.
What you'll need to succeed
- Time served plumbing/heating engineer with commercial and industrial experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role with a proven track record and experience in all aspects of mechanical installations and regulations.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to work to a plan to avoid disappointments.
- Good knowledge of health, safety, environment, and quality systems.
- You will be commercially focused, and will have a reputation for achieving a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent leadership, motivational and people skills.
- Must have good IT skills (excel/word/outlook) and communication skills.
- Have a good knowledge of Design & Build Contracts (D&B)
- Have a good knowledge & understanding of electrical systems.
- Full UK Driving Licence
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of an experienced, innovative, and forward-thinking contractor. They offer a competitive salary, a car allowance or vehicle, and opportunities for ongoing career advancement and growth.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.