Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - To £65K (Including Travel Allowance) + Bonus.
Looking for a diverse role that will allow you to get involved in HVAC Design, Sustainability and Project Management? Are you keen to receive ongoing CPD and support in becoming a well-rounded Chartered Engineer?
As a Senior Mechanical Design / Sustainability Engineer you'll enjoy working as part of the Sustainability and Energy Efficiency division of a well-established, Mechanical Contractor with offices in London and Kent. As a Senior Mechanical and Sustainability Engineer, you'll be involved in projects all the way through from the initial survey, through concept and detailed design, installation, commissioning, maintenance, and aftercare.
You'll deal directly with the decision makers within blue chip clients across the Hotel and Leisure, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Banking and Commercial sectors.
Here, you'll use your keen interest in Sustainability and best practice in Low Carbon Building Design and Operation to create innovative, energy efficient designs for clients such as Hilton Hotels, Unilever, London Stock Exchange, British Land, and Vue Cinemas.
As a Senior Mechanical (Building Services) Design and Sustainability Engineer, you'll benefit from a hybrid working week. You'll enjoy a good blend of office based, home based and site-based duties and enjoy a varied role of HVAC Design, Energy Efficiency and Project Management.
- Undertake energy audits across a range of building types.
- Report on current energy use, occupancy levels and building use.
- For each building, propose an energy reduction solution that is fit for purpose.
- Collect and analyse data and then produce reports.
- Provide a few options for clients that demonstrates the pay backs in terms of potential energy savings for a few different options.
- Provide clients with a clear return on investment calculation, allowing them to make an informed decision.
- Meet with clients to understand their challenges and requirements.
- Produce a bespoke, commercial technical proposal for each client (that includes the cost to do the design and installation by their in-house Projects Team).
- Liaise with clients all the way through the project, keep them informed of the progress, possible risks, or possible delays.
- Present proposals to new clients and secure repeat business.
- Carry out QA checks of the work (I.e., design, proposals) produced by less experienced members of the inhouse design team.
HVAC commissioning and onsite design review
- Attend site and verify key parameters such as air volume, temperature, humidity, and air velocity.
- Balance air flows and pressures within systems to achieve the desired and agreed environmental design criteria.
- Assist the BMS Engineers with creating the optimal BMS Control strategy for each building.
- Carry out measurement and verification to ensure the predicted savings have been achieved.
- Attend regular training courses ensure you stay abreast of emerging technologies or new software or trends.
- Maintain a register of all CPD you complete with the aim of becoming a CEng with CIBSE or the IMechE.
- 25 days leave
- Travel / Car Allowance
- Option of working from home one to two days a week (quite rare within contracting)
- Option of working from abroad for up to one week at a time.
- Uncapped profit share
- Individual bonus (in addition to the profit share described above)
- Opportunity to move internally, into a dedicated Project Manager role in the future.
- Easy access to the company founder, directors, and other key stakeholders.
- Payment of 1 x Professional Membership.
- At least four years' experience in the design of a range of HVAC services across a range of different building types.
- Good communicator, able to build rapport with a variety of people easily.
- Previous experience onsite, i.e., overseeing projects during construction or installation phases.
- Good all-round knowledge of MEP Building Services, Energy Auditing and BMS.