Senior Building Physics Consultant - To £55K - Help save the planet, one building at a time.
Due to increased demand, we are looking for a Passivhaus Designer (PHPP and IES Specialist) to join one of the UK's leaders in applying Passivhaus principals, to large scale commercial projects.
As a creative and inquisitive individual who is interested in the circular economy, you'll be a firm believer in the benefit of Passivhaus and be used to educating architects on these benefits.
You'll join a team of liked minded professionals and enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment where everyone is encouraged to share new ideas. You'll also be able to undertake dedicated R&D projects to improve the built environment and, come up with new tools or software to solve complex problems that the current industry software can't solve.
You'll be responsible for carrying out Building Physics (Ie DTM and DfP etc) on a range of buildings such as schools, universities, commercial offices, museums, laboratories, and large-scale residential developments.
Your role as a Senior Building Physics Consultant will be to ensure all projects remain as energy efficient as possible and, perform in use as you predicted they would during the simulation and design stages.
Based from their Oxford office (minimum of two days a week) you'll be required to attend client or design team meetings around Oxfordshire. You will also be required to attend meetings in London once a fortnight or so, however, all travel expenses will be reimbursed.
This is a great opportunity to join a pioneer in Passivhaus led, low carbon building design and feel good that you are helping tackle the climate emergency, one building at a time.
- Previous experience using evidence backed, modelling software (such as PHPP / Passivhaus) to design low or zero carbon buildings.
- Degree qualified in a relevant Architectural, Environmental, Physics or Building Services field.
- Able to use PHPP and IESVe and SketchUp
- Able to work in the UK without the need to be sponsored.
- Familiar with Net Zero Carbon strategies and roadmaps.
- Previous experience carrying out Post Occupancy & Building Performance Evaluations.
- Good overall knowledge of materials, energy performance, thermal comfort, overheating, daylighting, indoor air quality and Part L 2021.
- Awareness of BREEAM / WELL / Nabers.
- Ideally experience in Thermal bridging analysis using WUFI or similar.
- Ideally an understanding of building materials, and One Click LCA.
- Clear progression to Associate, and access to equity in the future.
- 25 days leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Matched pension up to 5%
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible start and finish times