Your new company
A multidisciplinary practice leading innovation in the creation, design and delivery of high-performance buildings, who work for clients in the UK and internationally providing multidisciplinary services for new build, retrofit and repurposing building design projects. Their key sectors include: Residential, Commercial, Education, Energy, Defence, Aviation, Transportation, High Value Manufacturing, Logistics and Data Centres for both private and public sector clients. They have a great office in Victoria and are focused on adding value to their people, client service ethos, global delivery strategy, technical ability, and attitude.
Your new role
As the Director for the Building Services team in the London region, you will be based in our modern office in Victoria, Central London, reporting to the UK Practice Director and responsible for leading a practice of talented Building Services engineering professionals. This will involve:
- Being a mechanical building services expert with solid experience in delivering consultancy services for private and public sector clients, particularly within the buildings market.
- The focus of the role will be on the design of buildings and their immediate surroundings and will encompass all aspects of how environmental systems should be an integral part of the design process from the moment of project inception.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience of leading a Building Services Engineering team to successfully win and deliver major buildings and infrastructure design projects. The ability to build and motivate a team through great leadership qualities, collaborative, self-motivated, enthusiastic, committed to delivering sustainable outcomes. An excellent technical reputation and ability to interface with clients ensuring the team delivers on, and is recognised for technical excellence and design quality. It will also include:
- Degree, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering and Chartered with a relevant institution.
- Significant experience in the concepts/theories/detailed design/practicalities of Mechanical Building Services design and compliance requirements.
- Extensive project experience, necessitating high levels of technical competence with a strong focus and track record of the delivery of designs and processes.
- Good commercial awareness, business management skills and results orientation.
- Customer focused with a high level of relationship management skills.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options are available. An excellent salary and package with great long-term career opportunities. Work on the biggest and best projects currently underway across EMEA and will be fundamental in the delivery of these. The package consists of everything you'd expect from a multinational practice. Good pension, buy/sell holiday, flexible working, professional fees etc...
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.