Your new company
It is a growing building services engineering practice that provides an innovative approach to delivering engineering consultancy services for its clients with a particular emphasis on a holistic sustainability approach within MEP design. They have a great office in Southwark and work on a variety of project types including commercial, senior living, life sciences and heritage projects for a variety of clients. They have a particular focus on staff development and happiness, with career development a key focus on their business focus.
Your new role
It is as a Principal Electrical Engineer that will excel in engineering design, the management of projects and the management of teams, working on multiple projects including multi-million pound schemes. You will support the directors with the ongoing development of improved standards and procedures within the company, whilst taking the lead in managing everyday operations utilising their many years' of experience. You will act as design lead on projects, promoting design excellence and they will mentor and develop the skills of the engineers in their team. Leading by example, you will ensure the highest standards of health & safety and quality.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a strong technical core competence and background in project delivery. In addition, you will have a broad understanding of the principles of building services and other related building design disciplines and a desire to mentor and lead a team of Engineers.
You must also be-
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering/Building Services.
- Proven experience (6+ years) in electrical engineering design within the building services industry.
- Experience leading and developing senior and more junior engineers.
- Comfortable in a client-facing role and willing to contribute to business development activities.
- Experience leading teams on large-scale and often complex projects.
- Experience in the delivery of all phases of a project from inception to completion, but specifically, design and quality control focused and dealing directly with the customer and project teams.
- Experience and awareness of major digital engineering tools, such as CAD/Revit, and Amtech. You will also have experience of delivering projects in a BIM environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ideally Chartered or willing to work towards
What you'll get in return
They offer a competitive salary and comprehensive range of benefits based on experience and level. These include:
- c £60k - £75k+ per annum (dependent on experience etc.)
- Discretionary bonuses
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Professional memberships paid for
- Flexible/ Hybrid working
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.