Director of Building Performance & Energy Optimisation
- To £100K
- + c.20/30% Bonus
- + Package (Pension 12%, Private Medical, Life Insurance)
Would you like to be in a position that offers direct access to the key decision makers within clients, working directly with them from the earliest inception of a project? Working in a lead role in which you will advise and challenge thinking, to achieve the highest levels of sustainability across the lifecycle of landmark building portfolios.
This opportunity sits within one of the world's leading global Property Consultancies, a business that
is absolutely committed to the optimisation of their clients' portfolios. With approximately 40% of carbon emissions arising from property, they recognise the urgent necessity to improve environmental performance of their large portfolios of existing buildings at both planning and asset level.
This strategic role involves overseeing building performance evaluations, analysing data, and implementing optimisation strategies to enhance energy efficiency.
We require an individual with a keen understanding that buildings evolve and require adaptability, you will bring a strategic vision, technical expertise, and leadership abilities to drive transformative changes that optimise buildings' performance, reduce operational energy bills, and minimise carbon emissions. By effectively closing the performance gap and implementing forward-looking strategies, the Director will prepare buildings for a net-zero future.
The role will also require you to be a leader in specialist energy related areas such as MEES Compliance, Air Conditioning Inspections (TM44), ESOS, Heat Network Regulations, Energy auditing and metering.
The team currently consists of 20+ M&E Engineers and Energy/Building Performance specialists who work directly with clients to improve the environmental performance of their property's portfolios.
The team works in close conjunction with a wider Sustainability division comprising additional service offerings including Organisational Sustainability, ESG, Energy Services, and Intelligent Buildings, making an overall Green Hub of over 80 consultants that are all focused on delivering award winning sustainability solutions.
This team has access to a huge array of projects at the critical conceptual design stage, resulting in large scale decarbonisation of their client's extensive portfolio of buildings, giving you the chance to make a substantial environmental difference across many buildings.
As the Director of Energy Compliance, Building Performance, and Optimisation, you will play a strategic role in the following key areas:
- Develop and lead building performance evaluation programs for energy assessment.
- Establish benchmarks and metrics for tracking efficiency and sustainability.
- Formulate and implement building optimisation strategies based on data findings.
- Collaborate with teams to enhance efficiency and occupant comfort.
- Prioritise optimisation opportunities considering budget and sustainability.
- Recommend customised retrofit measures using performance models.
- Stay current on energy regulations, compliance, and advise on low-carbon energy initiatives.
- Advise on governmental policies and incentives for low-carbon energy projects.
- Conduct energy audits and analyse data for insights and cost-saving opportunities.
- Implement advanced technologies for real-time building performance optimisation.
- Lead a team focused on energy compliance, performance, and mentorship.
- Proven experience in building performance evaluation, energy management, and sustainable building practices.
- In-depth knowledge of building systems, HVAC, lighting, and renewable energy technologies.
- Familiarity with green building certifications such as NABERS, LEED, BREEAM, MEES, or similar.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex data to inform decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing building optimisation projects.
- Proficiency in using building automation and energy management systems.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and project management skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- A track record of achieving energy efficiency and sustainability goals in real estate operations.
If you are a visionary leader with a passion for sustainability and a track record of driving transformative change in the building performance and energy compliance field, please get in touch for an initial informal conversation.