The Council Projects Delivery Unit is seeking an experienced and energetic Senior Building Services Design Engineer to work alongside its multi-disciplinary team of professionals to support the Council’s development portfolio.
The successful applicant will be based in Perceval House and working around the borough of Ealing and will need to be highly self-motivated and possessing a firm commercial grounding.
This is a full-time and permanent post with a minimum requirement of 2 days per week in the office.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design, specify and manage projects in line with the Council’s procedures and approved Gateways, liaising with project managers, designers, contractors, stakeholders and end-users as necessary.
- Carry out Mechanical Design, specification, drawings and services in accordance with the Council’s management processes, such as the projects management database (BILD) reporting system and the Council’s Project Gateways.
- Act as an ambassador for the Council’s Economy and Sustainability directorate, championing best practice
This is an exciting role which will give the successful candidate a broad experience in projects reaching across the Council’s various directorates.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be dynamic, an effective communicator and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Be adaptable and have a flexible working style with ability to pick up and independently lead a wide range of different tasks.
- Demonstrate extensive experience of mechanical design, specification writing, and production of drawings coordinating the output within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Have the ability to work under pressure to challenging timetables and manage a varied workload with competing priorities.
Ealing council is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Ealing follows safer recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.”
This post is subject to Ealing's enhanced vetting process.
This role is deemed customer facing and as such you must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable you to effectively perform the role. This requirement relates to Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016.
For more information and/or to apply please follow this link: Senior Building Services Mechanical Design Engineer – Ealing council
Closing date: 14th December 2023