Senior Mechanical Engineer - To £60K + Unique projects + Progression
Large enough to compete against the corporate global engineering practices, this multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy is at the forefront of decarbonisation and digital engineering.
In addition to developing your skills in HVAC design, here you'll also be involved in research and development into modern technologies or materials, modern methods of construction, and innovative energy reduction and recovery systems.
Reporting to the Mechanical Director, or Mechanical Associate Director you'll use your innovative approach to sustainable building services design as you lead projects through RIBA Stages 2 - 4. You'll work on a complex range of projects across the Education, Healthcare, Heritage, and Super-Prime Residential sectors, often with project values ranging from £5M- £50 million.
And, rather than micromanaging you, here you'll be given the opportunity to lead projects and use your own initiative and experience to drive projects to completion.
You'll also receive ongoing training and development and a choice of career paths, either a technical or more of a commercial route.
Please note, this opportunity is with a well-established, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy who operate from five UK offices and employ around 150 design engineers. The London office works on projects with a value from £2M - £500M, across RIBA Stages 2,3 and 4. They remain privately owned and consider their staff to be their greatest assets, which is reflected by their excellent levels of staff retention and their unique working environment.
- Managing existing client relationships, act as single point of contact.
- Plan and manage the workload of the mechanical team on selected projects.
- Undertake concept and detail design activities when required.
- Assist with forward planning, budgeting and provide input into fee bids.
- Assume financial control and responsibility on projects.
- Ensure projects remain technically sound and profitable.
- Identify opportunities to improve the existing company systems or practices.
- Liaise with the Board of Directors monthly to discuss opportunities and risks.
- Attend industry networking and relevant trade events.
- Attend CPD and work towards becoming a CEng with CIBSE or the IMechE.
- Reduced working week of 35 hours with flexible working times.
- Direct mentoring from the friendly and approachable Directors and Associates.
- Hybrid working policy, which can be tailored to suit each individual.
- 26 days annual leave.
- Matched pension up to 5%
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Annual performance review and salary review
- At least four years' experience in a similar role (i.e., in HVAC Design).
- Familiar with digital twin models, IESVe and Revit.
- Aware of Environmental rating methodologies such as BREEAM, LEED, Nabers or Passivhaus.
- Ideally aware of Embodied Carbon and the importance of a circular economy.