Your new company
Our client is a leading engineering company specialising in renewable energy solutions for the agricultural, industrial, and municipal sectors. They are currently recruiting a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team based in Co Tyrone.
Your new role
- Design of district network schemes and energy centres, including buried piping systems, energy centres, boilers, CHP units, thermal stores, plate heat exchanger assemblies, pumps, chillers, heat pumps and auxiliary systems.
- Technical oversight of the work of a small number of design engineers.
- The use of CAD packages in the creation of mechanical engineering drawings.
- The production of tender scopes, specifications, bills of materials and engineering calculations.
- Technical support and design coordination with internal and external stake-holders, including business development and project managers, contractors, clients, and design consultants.
- Attendance at project sites for surveys, reviews, key delivery milestones and commissioning
- Answering technical questions in support of tender applications.
What you'll need to succeed
- Engineering Degree (Building Services, Mechanical, Civil or similar, minimum of a 2:1 standard).
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Working or willing to work towards CEng Chartered Engineer status.
- A thorough working knowledge of relevant CIBSE Guides, British Standards, BSRIA, IGEM and other industry authority publications.
- Experience liaising with both internal and external clients, contractors and suppliers.
- Experience of writing subcontractor scopes of supply, specifications and major plant tender documentation.
- Experience of the detailed design of energy centres, CHP, boilers, chillers, heat pumps and district heating network installations.
- Experience of producing Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and engineering schematics in 2D AutoCAD.
- Experience of producing or working with 3D models for energy centre, CHP, boilers, chillers, heat pumps and district heating buried network installations in Solidworks, Autodesk 3D AutoCAD, Revit or similar.
- An ability to size and specify valves, pumps, instruments and piping components.
- Hold a Full Clean Driving Licence.
What you'll get in return
Based at modern offices in Cookstown, the successful candidate will avail of a generous salary and benefits package coupled with hybrid working and flexible working hours. You will be joining a company where your contribution matters, your growth is supported, and the outlook is always positive and inclusive.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.