Your new company
Hays is delighted to be working with this Global Construction consultancy to find a new Senior Project Manager to join their Edinburgh team. With their cost consultancy and project management operation expanding due to secured pipelines of domestic and international instructions, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to diversify their skillset and take on bigger challenges in their working life.
Your new role
Our Clients Project Management Consultancy team sits within the National Building Consultancy's Project and Cost Management Group.
Providing support to investor and developer clients, the team has established a secure pipeline of work and has been working closely with existing clients along with the organisation's planning and leasing teams to win further high profile instructions going forward into the new year.
The candidate will be supporting the senior team and current and projected workflow demands. It is anticipated that the candidate will work alongside the team's Directors on larger instructions and will quickly demonstrate autonomy on smaller projects.
Specifically, the candidate will be directly involved with the delivery of high-profile projects across Scotland and internationally.
The role has a keen focus on technical proficiency with a view to grow commercial understanding across our focus sectors and will contribute to Business Development. This role offers an opportunity to strengthen Project Management experience and to broaden the recruit's skill base further into commercial property with exposure to clients and influencers alike.
What you'll need to succeed
- 24 - 48 months post qualification (Project Management) experience with demonstrable project experience ranging across life cycle stages (e.g. RIBA, MSP, APM BoK).
- Suitably experienced candidates from other backgrounds would be considered.
- Experience in PMO/Project Management/ Contract Administration roles in Real Estate or Property.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical application of project management (e.g. APM).
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills/ ability.
- Able to form strong and productive relationships at peer group level.
What you'll get in return
- Up to £55k Salary + Car allowance & bonus structure
- Hybrid and flexible working
- Dynamic project portfolio with the opportunity to work internationally and no glass ceiling of promotion
- Private life, health and dental insurance
- Competitive benefits & pension package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.