Your new company
An opportunity has arisen for a Junior BIM Technician to join an industry leader in UK's Building Services providers who design, develop and deliver a wide range of offsite-prefabricated, innovative and sustainable building service solutions throughout the UK & Europe.
Your new role
The Junior BIM Technician will play a key role in developing drawings from BIM models ensuring that all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP), architectural and structural elements are accurately represented and meet the project's specifications and standards. The candidate will collaborate closely with the BIM, pre-construction, design, offsite fabrication and onsite operation teams to ensure seamless process to assist in delivering high-profile projects.
- Create and modify 3D models using BIM software like Autodesk Revit. This includes developing MEP, architectural and structural models.
- Populate BIM models with essential annotation data and specifications, ensuring that all components are correctly tagged and categorised.
- Use tools like Navisworks to identify and resolve clashes between different disciplines in the BIM model.
- Attend BIM coordination meetings and participate in discussions, bringing any issues or concerns related to BIM modelling or drawings to the attention of the team.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 1 years' experience with an MEP, Construction, Engineering or Architectural company
- Ability to work with BIM software developing 2D drawings and 3D modelling with experience in such packages or similar - AutoCAD, Sketchup, Solidworks, ArchiCAD, Rhino
- Familiarity with tools like Navisworks or Solibri Model Checker to identify and address clashes in the model.
- Must have access to your own transport (office is not accessible on public transport)
- A relevant third level education in building services, architectural engineering or construction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages
What you'll get in return
You will be working in brand-new state of the art facilities, which include break-out areas, ultra-modern canteen facilities and many tea/coffee stations to quench your thirst. A great opportunity for a candidate that wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further their career.
- Full in-house training
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Health cash plan
- Free annual health check
- 30 days annual leave
- Social Events
- Secure, free onsite parking
- Free Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Tea, and Fruit provided daily
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.