Director of Net Zero - to £90,000 + c. 20% Bonus + Package
Human Capital Solutions are looking for an experienced leader in Net Zero who is passionate about driving sustainability and keen to make a significant impact in the energy sector.
Managing a current team of 8 experienced consultants, this senior leadership role involves overseeing the effective management and delivery of a comprehensive range of services related to Net Zero and Carbon Compliance.
As the Director of Net Zero you will lead their Net Zero solution, as well as energy and carbon analysis and reporting, Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR), and the successful execution of various consultancy projects.
Furthermore, with the Net Zero market continually evolving, you will have the opportunity to take charge of product development in this domain, contributing to their ongoing success and expansion within the sector.
They believe in supporting their team members to become the best they can be, providing a positive environment for personal and professional growth. As the Director of Net Zero, you will have the opportunity to lead a team, collaborate with various departments, and shape the future of sustainability in the energy sector.
- Supervise and manage the departmental budget dedicated to achieving Net Zero goals, ensuring proper allocation of skills and resources to support strategic objectives while upholding financial performance standards
- Take ownership of and enhance the Net Zero service offering, ensuring the consistent delivery of accurate information and insights to customers
- Establish and cultivate a revenue-generating Net Zero pipeline within their customer base.
- Spearhead greenhouse gas accounting, carbon reduction, and net zero strategies for blue-chip customers
- Guide and advise organisations on their Net Zero targets, set strategies, and drive growth.
- Develop and lead their social value strategy
- Identify new initiatives supporting their social value commitments, collaborating with stakeholders across the business, and maintaining the annual social value report
- Implement a comprehensive service excellence strategy that aligns with the organisation's values and objectives, promoting a customer-first approach and fostering a culture of delighting customers across all departments
- 10+ years of experience as a leader in the net-zero consultancy sector leading carbon/Net Zero projects
- Expertise in GHG reporting (GHG Protocol, ISO 14064-1)
- Capabilities in energy audits and emissions reductions
- Familiarity with emissions factor databases and third-party foot printing software tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of carbon transition
- An understanding of low-carbon transition facilitation and regulatory frameworks
- Knowledge of UK and international legislation, policies, and guidelines in carbon accounting and Net Zero
- Salary up to £90,000
- Bonus Scheme c.20% paid quarterly
- Additional bonus for new business bought to the group
- 23 days Holiday (rising to 25 after 5 years of service)
- 8% pension contribution
- EOT fund
If you are ready to take on a leadership role that offers job security, the opportunity to make a real impact on energy reduction, and the chance to contribute to addressing climate change, please get in touch.